Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cherry Cookies.

As long as I can remember, my parents have always made lots of cookies and candies every Christmas for friends and co-workers. My dad makes bark, divinity, and Martha Washington's, and mom makes the cherry cookies. I can't get enough of these almondy little cookies, and the maraschino cherries that top them.  

 This year, I decided it was my turn to make them for a few friends and neighbors. Can't believe I never made them until now, but so glad I did!

 Cherry Cookies

1 c brown sugar
1 c sugar
2 eggs
3 1/2 c flour
1 tsp soda
1/4 c cherry juice
1 c crisco
1 tsp almond extract
maraschino cherries

Preheat oven to 325.
Mix sugars.
Add eggs.
Add flour and soda.
Pour in cherry juice then crisco.
Mix in almond.

Roll in balls, place one cherry on each cookie, and bake 12-14 minutes.




1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Those look delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...