Friday, November 11, 2011

Rice krispies and the weekend.

This weekend was fabulously lazy.

Landon and I didn't do anything except shop, eat, watch football, and soak up the last of the fall foilage.

We did some shopping on Saturday&Sunday and I bought my first Christmas present!
Get excited sister! It just might be for you!

I love love love Christmas, but am usually not good at getting shopping done early.
Vowing to be better at it.
Seeing all of the decor already up at the outlet mall just made me oh so ready for it.


I kind of also got myself a little present. these cozy slippers
because I neeeeeded them.

That red just got me in the Christmas mood and I couldn't say no.

----------------------------------------------

On a totally different note, here are the yumm rice crispies I've made a few times now.
Ahh, craving them again.

Peanut Butter Fudge Rice Krispies
via

1st layer:
3 c rice krispies
1/2 bag mini marshmallows
1/3 c peanut butter
2 tbsp butter

2nd layer: peanut butter fudge
1/2 c butter
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 c powdered sugar
chopped reese's (optional)

3rd layer:
3 c rice krispies
1/2 bag mini marshmallows
2 tbsp butter

Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
Place rice krispies in large bowl and set aside.
Melt marshmallows and butter over medium heat.
Add peanut butter.
Mix melted butters and marshmallows and pour over rice krispies.
Mix thoroughly and pour into 9x13.
Press firmly into pan.

Set aside.

Melt butter and peanut butter in microwave.
Add vanilla, powdered sugar, reese's.
Spread over first layer of rice krispies.
Refrigerate for 1 hour.

After 1 hour, prepare second layer of rice krispies.
Pour over fudge, and press firmly in pan.

--there is also a recipe for a chocolate ganache layer in the link, but I skipped it!--



Oh so tasty.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! That little snack looks delicious! And those slippers look fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...