Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Breakfast Casserole.

So this recipe is another favorite of Landon's.

His family always has it Christmas morning, and last year was my first Christmas morning with L's family, and I got to partake in the tradition!

I really liked it and I definitely know why Landon loves it.

Anyway. Lately we have been having breakfast for dinner about once a week. It's just easy.
But I do try to try out new things.

Last week Landon requested that I try to make breakfast casserole!

Well, I had no idea how to make it and Landon's mom was out of the country, so I had to improvise.

And seriously, it was good.
And easy.
And I may have made it again Sunday.
And the best part,
Landon said it tasted pretty close to his momma's, so I think I did pretty good!

Breakfast Casserole

1 can of croissants
1 pound of breakfast sausage
1-1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
6 eggs
1/2 c milk
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425.
Lay croissants (or I used flattened biscuits the 2nd time because I was out of croissants!) on bottom of 9x13 glass dish.
Cook sausage in a skillet.
While sausage is cooking, mix eggs, milk, cheese, and salt and pepper in bowl.
After sausage has cooked, pour into bowl with egg mixture,
And pour over croissants.
Bake at 425 for 15-17 minutes, or until croissants are cooked and casserole is firm.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Yum! I just made a delicious breakfast casserole that you put in the crock pot overnight...it was soo good easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even like eggs, but that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...