Wednesday, July 27, 2011

This Weekend.


Thursday,
Landon, the pups, and I all ventured out to a tiny PA town,
way too many miles away,
to participate in his company's weekend get together.

It felt like a step back in time.


Except for the fact that these roared through
Main Street every few minutes.

But I like it.

We ate greasy pizza on the front porch of an old house turned, pizza parlor.

Right next to a Dollar General.
Classy.

This seemed to be the theme of this trip.
Eating in restaurants that are really just old houses in disguise.

Like the one we ate breakfast at every morning.
It was simply called Coffee Shop.
It was one of those places that made me feel like I was in a Lifetime movie.
Everyone knew each other and stared a little too long as we took a seat.
The walls were decorated with antique teapots,
and the tables were covered in Fourth of July tablecloths.
I really wish I snapped a picture of it,
but I wasn't brave enough.

The coffee was pretty awesome though.
But not as awesome the brown cups that it was served in.
I swear I've seen these at my Granny's house.

Oh and courtesy of Dolla General,
 I sucked these down all weekend.

Perfect summer treat.
Why has it been so long since I've had one of these??

Saturday
the company held a little fun day,
at the fairgrounds for the town.
No pictures because I was hard at work!
I handed out Geodes like nobody's business.

Ahh to be a geologist's wife.
My life is officially full of rocks.

Milkshakes at May's finished off our long Sunday drive home.
Nothing like a Drive-In to finish off an
old-time feelin' weekend.

5 comments:

  1. If the marquee of that theater had been just a little bit different you could have been in my home town! LOL gotta love small town PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Landon looks like a little kid in that picture with the picture! I love seeing yall's fun adventures so far from home! Inspiring! (: Miss you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! I meant picture with the PIZZA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure how I came across your blog but I had to comment. My husband and I were married on October 9th as well and our last name is also Berg...sooo crazy! I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...