Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pepperoni Rolls

I have always had love for the pepperoni roll.
Always.

So imagine my delight when a friend and I stopped by 
The Pie Place to grab a cupcake
and I found out they sold pepperoni rolls.
At the Pie Place.
No, this is not a joke.
I had to have one.
And yes a cupcake too.

You know you would too.

Anyway, one genius person was smart enough to combine
pepperoni rolls and dessert.
And these rolls are no joke.
I have no doubt the bread is homemade.
It's too good not to be.

So instead of be obsessed and frequent
The Pie Place everyday,
I decided to try to make them myself.

Lucky me, I found a recipe here.
I didn't make my own crust 
because I decided I just wanted them for a quick lunch,
but they were still amazing.

I can only imagine how good they would be with homemade crust.
And my pepperoni stick.
Next time, next time.

Pepperoni Rolls

1 pkg pre-made Pillsbury pizza crust
4 slices of mozzarella
4 slices of provolone
1 pkg pepperoni
2 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tbsp garlic powder

Preheat oven to 375.
Roll out crust, cut into fourths.
Brush each piece with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder.
Add a layer of pepperoni, then cheese.
Roll from one end to the other and pinch sides close.
Bake 25-30 minutes, turning halfway.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...