Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Let's Talk About the Weekend.

Friday- I got a pedicure,
since I am pretty sure I haven't gotten one since our wedding.
Gross.
And a haircut & highlights,
since I was beginning to look like one of the Duggar's.

Seriously, who let me have hair this long??
Embarrassing.

I don't know why I can't remember what else happened Friday?
I think I was still on my highlights high.

Saturday- we FINALLY did our taxes.
I like to procrastinate.
But we got a good result, so no big.

And Trigger turned 5.
He's such a grown up now.
I figured since 5 is really like 40 in dog years,
he would be ok with no party and just these.
Why does the bag look cloudy??

I was right.

Later that night,
we had a little Mexican get-together
with some friends.
Which is the main reason I wanted to even tell you about our weekend.
Because I made these.

But I didn't take pictures because
A. I was trying to hurry before everyone came over,
and B. peeps may not think it's normal to 
take pictures of food while I'm cooking like I do.

But you have have have to make them.
In fact, I had about a pound of shrimp leftover, 
and I was still dreaming about the tacos,
so I made some shrimp Alfredo,
cooking the shrimp the same way.

I could eat that shrimp everyday.
Maybe I will.

Shrimp Alfredo

To prepare the shrimp:
1/2 pound raw, deveined shrimp
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Make sure shrimp is clean and dry.
Combine salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder 
and sprinkle over shrimp.
Lightly coat seasoned shrimp in flour.
Add olive oil to skillet and heat to medium high.
Once heated, add shrimp, cooking 2-3 minutes per side.

1 1/2 c milk
1 1/2 c heavy cream
1/2 c parmesan cheese
1/2 c romano cheese
6 egg yolks
salt and pepper to taste

Heat milk and cream until it begins to simmer.
Turn off heat.
Slowly whip in cheese.
Take off heat.
Slowly whip egg yolks in a portion of milk and cream mix.
Add eggs and milk and cream portion back to the rest of the milk and cream.
Place back on heat.
Let simmer on low until sauce thickens.
Season with salt and pepper.











I can't say how good the Alfredo sauce actually was,
because I only had a little sauce and lots of shrimp.
It's from Olive Garden's website
--Landon's favorite
when we go there is chicken alfredo--
and he claims it tastes the same.

You can judge for yourself.
As for me, I'll just eat shrimp.

Sunday- was my favorite kind of sleepy day.
I loved it.
And I was lazy.
What's new.
Oh, but I did drag myself off the couch
and whipped up--
literally--
some of this
To eat like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...