Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Grand Concourse.

Ok, I promise this is the last post about our long weekend with Landon's parents.
I know it was probably only entertaining to me
and I am sure everyone is sick of me acting like a total
tourist about Pittsburgh.
But I still feel like one.

Sunday, we concluded their visit with brunch at Grand Concourse.


The lady that I am babysitting for told me about it
and said we had to take them.

View from across the river

I am so glad we did, because it was a hit for sure.

The restaurant is set in an old train station
and the atmosphere is perfect.





Not only was the restaurant so beautiful,
our view from our table was awesome,



 and the food was amazing.

Omelets, carving station, bananas foster, and my favorite-
The Donut Maker.

And to top off the excellent food, and ambiance, was the outstanding service.
Our waiter was great, informative, and kept on top of everything.
This was impressive because the place is huge and he told us
800 reservations had been made for Sunday brunch alone.

I know, crazy huh?

And when my camera batteries died,
(I feel like this is always happening)
I asked him if there was a place nearby where I could pick up some more.
He told me there was and left the table.
He came back about 5 minutes later and asked what kind I needed and how many.
And thennn he comes back 5 more minutes later with 4 AA batteries.
Not kidding.
I've never had a waiter do something like that.

He even offered to take a picture of us.

Once we could eat no more,
approximately 2-3 hours later,
we decided to walk around Station Square a little








"trying" to dance




and then went to get our tickets

to ride the Monongahela Incline.



You just take a little ride on it,
and at the top
there is an awesome view of the city.
Heinz Field








This sign would have been helpful BEFORE brunch.

Check out those white feet. Scary!

We didn't stay out too long,
because it was a little chilly,
so we headed home,
ate dinner-my very first pierogie!
and said our goodbyes.
LB took this that night!

We miss y'all Berg's!
But we are so glad y'all came to see us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...