Thursday, April 7, 2011

As Promised.

I told you I might be giving you a little somethin' extra today.
Here is my first recipe from this blog.

Please make it.
It is my new favorite sweet treat.
There may only be half left.
And I may have a massive stomach ache now.
Oh well.
I enjoyed it.

Chewy Double Chocolate Coconut Blondies

1 1/2 c flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c melted butter
1 1/4 c brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 c flaked coconut
1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.
Line 9x13 pan with foil to allow bars to come out more easily.
Mix flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
Beat melted butter and brown sugar.
Add in eggs and vanilla.
Add flour mixture to brown sugar mixture.
Add in coconut and chips.
Pour in your foiled 9x13.
Bake 20-25 minutes.








These are the most delightful little cookie bars.
EVER.

I contemplated throwing in some peanut butter chips.
Then I got nervous.
And added 2 extra handfuls of semi-sweet instead.
Big Mistake.
PB would have been delicious.
You should try it.
Like now.

And because I think he's precious,
check out this cutie watching me cook these.
No you can not have him.
He is MINE.
But really, don't let those innocent eyes fool you.
He literally just got done peeing all over my leg.
Disgusting.

But really really, you should still go make the bars.
Don't let the peeing comment gross you out.
Although, that probably was in bad taste to mention it 
in the same post as a recipe.
Whatev.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...