Friday, March 18, 2011

This Week's Obsession.

This week I have been going thrift store crazy.
I have decided that I love them.
I love that you never know what you are going to find until you get there.
I love that you can buy so much for so little.
 I just love them.

This week, one of the wives at LB's work (Gretchen) and I have been hitting up local thrift stores.
We went 3 times this week to all different ones!
And I found so many good deals.
All of my purchases for the week totaled less than $20!
That is my kind of shopping.
I am going to apologize now for how bad the pictures below look.
For one thing, I am not really good at taking pictures and for another I was trying to hurry because my low battery sign was flashing on the camera.

Here were my finds:




I also picked up this scary little table.



But check out the price!

 That definitely says $2.95.
I had to have it.
And I am so thankful Gretchen was there to spot me cash, since this place did not take debit cards!
Good thing, because I would have been obsessing about it if I let it go.
I kind of have this thing for little tables.

So I had some paint left over from the nightstand, and I decided yesterday that I wanted to go ahead and work on the table since the weather was so nice.
Although the table is pretty sturdy, it definitely is not real wood, so I was nervous about sanding it.
It needed it, but I didn't want to flake off the top layer and have something hard to work with underneath.
So of course I just skipped that step.

I didn't take any pictures of myself painting it, but I did it the same way as I did the nightstand.
Just started painting.
No sanding, no priming.

Once it was done drying, I wasn't sure where to put it.
I wanted it for the bedroom, maybe next to a chair, but seeing as how we don't have a chair yet,
I decided to put it in the bathroom.
And I think it turned out beautifully for $2.95!





I know my frame is empty and I still need to spray paint the frame of the picture above, but I really like how it turned out.
It's amazing what a coat of paint will do!

I'm Linking up at Tatertots and Jello and The Shabby Nest
Also click here to enter my Anthropologie Giftcard Giveaway.
Ends April 4th!

8 comments:

  1. I love the little shelf. I need to find something neat like that for my bathroom ... you've inspired me.

    Visiting from Tatertots and Jello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I too went to a thrift store this week - I LOVE those places!! I think I would have walked right by this table without seeing the potential. Visiting from TT&J!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! I am a brand new follower and I'm stopping by from your link up at Tatertots and Jello.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out so cute! Live the gray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the table turned out and you decorated it beautifully! I would love to have you share this at my VIP party today @ http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/03/vip-party-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a similar (slightly bigger) version of that SAME table...and was leary of sanding or not sanding as well....so just painting is holding up ok eh? Whoohoo! You're gonna see this in one of my upcoming posts that means!

    http://www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it! Very nice especially for $3! Thrift stores are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The table looks great! I heart tables :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...