Monday, March 21, 2011

The Recipes Just Keep Coming!

This weekend flew by.
I don't even know what we did, except go to see this-which was awesome btw-

 but I woke up this morning and realized it was Monday.
And then it turned into one of THOSE Mondays.
The kind that make me happy I don't have to get up and go anywhere in the mornings.
It really wasn't all that terrible, just a Monday.

So on a less depressing note, I have so many recipes from last week and this weekend that I can't wait to share!

First up--
I started with these, since the man loves anything drowned in ketchup. 



And I have decided I am going to run everyday if I can keep eating all things with a thick crispy batter.
Served with a twist on Mac & Cheese for a side. This stuff was amazing. I want to eat it everyday.

Baked Mac&Cheese Cupcakes

1 1/2 cups whole wheat pasta
1/2 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 pint grape tomatoes
1-2 cups whole wheat bread crumbs--I used Italian!
3 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Boil pasta. Set aside in a large bowl. 
Chop tomatoes and zucchini, and season with salt and pepper.
Spray cupcake tins with non-stick spray, and coat with breadcrumbs, shaking any excess off.
In pasta bowl, add provolone and cheddar and combine.
Add 2-3 tablespoons pasta mixture to each muffin tin.
Place tomatoes and zucchini throughout pasta in each muffin top.
Top with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of parmesan and breadcrumbs.
Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool completely, then gently remove with a spoon.





Yes I know I am messy, what of it.

Once I was done cooking, I definitely did not let the mac and cheese cool, because for one thing I was starving and for another, who eats cold mac?
So basically they fell apart.
But I did take a pic of one of the leftover cups.
Isn't it cute??
And I am lucky to get this picture, because look at all that was left.
We are pigs.
Looks like my "Cook a lot at dinner every night, so Landon has leftovers for lunch" plan failed.

But before I leave, can I just say, Italian Bread Crumbs, where have you been all my life??
Oh yum.
I've already made something else with them coated on nice and thick.
Just you wait.

On a side note-- I was featured at Tatertots & Jello for my cheapo table this weekend! and everyone needs to go visit her site, because mine was probably one of the less exciting projects, so you can get some good ideas!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...