Thursday, March 24, 2011

Here's Some Randomness for You.


I have been looking for a mirror to go over a little hutch thing I have in the kitchen.
Of course everything I want costs a trillion dollars.
And seeing as how I change my mind with how I want my home to look every other month, I don't want to spend a fortune just to replace it in the near future.
You know what I'm sayin'?

So I hear that one of the Pier 1's is going out of business to make room for a Trader Joe's!
Yay!
TJ's will be so close now and Pier 1 is going out of business which=sale.
Win-Win.
A friend and I decided to stop by and check it out and y'all, it was craziness.
People everywhere.
Monster line.
And hardly anything left.
And I'm pretty sure the sale had only been going on a few days.
I was quickly over it.

I went home and decided to keep looking online for a mirror.
And I spot one at Pier 1.
Of course.
So the next day, I load up and head to the Pier 1 that is right down the street, because online it says they have one in stock.
And I get there and they can't find it.
Wonderful.
And then the lady tells me there is 1 left at about 5 other stores, but I only know where 1 other is.
The going out of business one.
Boo.
So after calling and asking if the mirror is still there,
(thinking surely it won't be since almost everything was gone the day before) 
getting the green light that it was, 
sitting through a 45 minute accident on the highway, 
I GOT IT!
And it was on sale since that store was closing!

Long explanation, but what do y'all think??




I think I like it!
Which is good since going out of business sale=no returns.

Another random thing for you:
I found a babysitting job!
Landon was against it at first, 
since it wasn't necessary for me to get a job and we didn't really know the people.
But I kind of wanted something that was just mine to do, 
so I could feel like I am contributing a little bit.

So long story short, 
I found a precious family to sit for and they have the cutest little baby boy named Hudson.
He is only 10 weeks old and a really sweet baby.
The job is only going to be 3 days a week, which is perfect for me.
I don't officially start until April, but I went yesterday for the first time, 
just for a few hours and hung out with Hudson and his momma.
We took H on a walk, ordered pizza, and just got to know each other a little better.
I love the family and am so blessed to have found them!

They live downtown, which is only 12 miles away, but it takes a little bit to get there with traffic.
But I like that it will help me learn my way around a little better.
Plus TJ's and one of the Anthro's is 1/2 a mile from their house, so I may have to stop in after work.
You know, to bypass traffic.

Pictures coming soon I promise!

And last thing...
After enjoying this for breakfast

I wanted to throw my peanut butter chips in something else.
So I made

Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
family recipe with an addition

1/2 c butter
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 c flour
3/4 tsp soda

Preheat oven to 375.
Cream butters, sugars, egg, and vanilla.
Add flour and soda.
Add chips.
Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.
Bake 10 minutes.








And no, you can not get by with eating just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...