Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

UPDATE:
I know I posted this about a month ago,
but I really wanted to share this easy recipe at this weekend's wrap-up,
because it would make a super easy last minute Easter dessert.
Just swap out the green m&m's for all pastel colors,
and ENJOY!




So today is St. Patrick's Day in case you hadn't heard.
I have never really gotten into the holiday.
I don't care to drink green beer and I am not really into people pinching me all day.
Or maybe it is because little leprechauns kind of scare me.

But now I am kind of impressed with myself, because I actually spelled leprechaun right on the first try.
 Maybe it is my lucky day.

But just because I don't love the holiday, I love an excuse to make a dessert.

And I really really wanted to cook something for the lucky holiday today,
but I for once did not have time.
And honestly, I don't know any recipes that are Irish related, so I would have had to haphazardly look them up and they probably would have been terrible.
I suppose I could have made some kind of cookie with green icing, but that more than likely would have been disastrous.
Me+Icing=Mess

So I am going to pull out an old recipe, but I use the word recipe loosely because it only requires 3 ingredients and you don't really do anything with them except unwrap and stick in the oven.
I have no idea where I even got this recipe, all I know is that ate them sometime, somewhere and replicated them after I realized I could not go on living without them.


My Pretzels
1 bag of pretzels
1 bag of Hershey hugs
1 bag of plain M&M's, any color

Preheat oven to 350.
Line a cookie sheet with pretzels.
Unwrap enough hugs so that each pretzel has one.
Bake for about 3 minutes, or just until the chocolate is melting and the hugs are starting to fall.
Take out of the oven and top with M&M's.
Let cool or stick in the fridge/freezer so they are done more quickly.






I love these because A.) they taste amazing, B.) they take about 5 minutes to make, and C.) you can top with any color M&M to celebrate any holiday.
Even silly ones like St. Patrick's Day (even though I totally used Easter M&M's).

3 comments:

  1. YUMMY! I love pretzels and chocolate! They look easy too!

    Becky B.
    www.organizingmadefun.com
    Organizing Made Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm. That is my kind of pretzel...covered in candy. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look really yummy. love the colors too, great for easter. will have to try them

    follower,
    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...