Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Chicken Parmesan

This was my first time ever making OR eating Chicken Parmesan.
I would say it was a success, for sure.
I love me some Italian food, so I am not sure why I haven't ever had this?
Maybe because my idea of Italian is more like noodles all over the place, smothered in some
delicious sauce.
I don't need any chicken getting in the way of that.

But alas, I attempted CP and you should too.


3 chicken breasts
1 c whole wheat flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 c whole wheat bread crumbs
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
1 c tomato sauce
3 oz fresh mozzarella
1/2 c low-fat provolone cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 400.

Set up 3 bowls in an assembly line.
In the first, add the flour. 
In the second, add the beaten eggs. 
In the third, add the bread crumbs, italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese.
Pound chicken to tenderize.
Preheat skillet to medium heat. Add olive oil.
Dip one chicken breast in flour, egg, then bread crumb mixture.
Lay in pan and fry until golden brown. 
Repeat with the other 2 chicken breasts.
In a 9 x 13 baking dish, add 1/2 cup of tomato sauce on the bottom.
Lay chicken breasts on top.
Add remaining tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and provolone.
Bake for 20 minutes. Tent with foil, and bake for another 25 minutes.
Serve with whole wheat pasta and whole grain garlic bread.







Is your mouth watering now??
Mine sure is.
I want more.

Buffalo Burgers are next!
We made them a couple of weeks ago and I totally forgot about them
until I was perusing through my pictures, looking for these.
Just you wait.


1 comment:

  1. I think I am going to attempt to make that ASAP! As in tonight. I'm excited because I already have all the ingredients and I've never made this before and I was really wanting to try something new for tonight. I love chicken parm when I eat out, we'll see if I can make it! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...