Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My First Award!

My SIL, Laura awarded me a savvy blog award!
Yay! Thank you Laura! Everyone should go check out her sweet blog.

Here are the rules--
Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.
Tell 7 things about yourself.
Award 10 more Savvy bloggers (Honestly I am new to the blogging world and don't know 10!).

My 23 years have been amazing and I have gotten to experience so much. I have graduated from Texas A&M University, gotten married to the love of my life, traveled to Mexico and Colorado countless times, and also Ruidoso, Florida (Destin and Disney World!), Arkansas, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Missouri, Taos, Santa Fe, Aruba, Las Vegas, all over Texas, and most recently the Bahamas! I truly lead a blessed life. 
That being said, I am just going to share with you some random facts about myself/my life. Nothing profound, sorry :).

Here goes...

1. My dogs wear sweaters from Dillard's and only drink water from the Brita. Spoiled much? I think yes.
2. I have been married for a mere 4 months (almost!) and Landon and I have already lived in 2 states. I wonder where the 3rd state will take us??
3. I have been babysitting since I was 13. And this first job did not consist of me watching a 4 or 5 year old, but an itty bitty BABY! Oh my. Thank you Hannah for being the perfect baby
and an even bigger thank you to Cherisse for trusting me with your 1st born!
4. I took 4 years of Spanish in school and 1 with a private tutor. I remember a handful of words. I guess the phrase "use it or lose it" is true. I really really want to pick up the language again and learn another. Maybe it will be just like riding a bike? Ha. One can wish.
5. All of my first cousins are girls! There are the original 6 and we gained 2 more cuties not too long ago. I guess this means we will all have boys!
6. I just met my paternal grandfather this summer. It is a long, complicated story, but I am so so happy and eternally blessed that he was brought back into my life, my sister's, and my dad's. I love you David McGowan!
7. If I had not had the opportunity to go to college, I would have gone to culinary school. Not to make fanciful treats, but just because it brings me joy. If I one day make millions, I will go and pay for my dad to go with me. It is no secret I got my love of cooking from him! Sorry mom. But I did get my cleaning skills
from you!;)

I told you it would be nothing profound!, but hopefully you enjoyed it and have learned a little more about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...