Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Monday Fun

Yesterday, I was feeling quite crafty.
I knew it was supposed to rain, so I ran out early and grabbed some supplies.
I didn't really know what I was going to make, but just thought I would figure it out when I got to Michael's.
We still have TONS of wall space to fill, so I might as well do it as cheap as possible!

So I get to Michael's just to find out they are moving so there is barely anything left and what is it left is about 90% off.
So guess what I snagged?
I had always wanted to cover something in chalkboard paint, but didn't know what and since the stuff is $7 each, I didn't want to get it until I knew what I wanted to do.
Well Michael's had 3 left (pink, red, and black) and I got all 3 for under $3!
I also picked up a 3 pack of frames for $5 in a really ugly gold color thinking I could just paint them.

When I got home, I got to work!
I found an old jar, put a little of the chalkboard paint on and...


we have a new treat jar for the pups!
This was a dangerous job, because every time I touched the jar, T&G thought they were getting something!

Next I moved on to the frames.
Check out this color pre-paint.
No good!
So I spray painted 2 of them black, yes in the house, I got in trouble when Landon got home.
But in my defense, look at what was outside...



And I had no idea the snow was even coming until my dinner with the wives at LB's work got cancelled.
I should probably start checking the weather.

Anyway, I wanted a little something to put in my bathroom because it is pretty bare.
  So I spray painted the frame and added a cute sheet of scrapbook paper and a matted background.
I had a corner of the frame where the paint looked a little crazy, so I whipped up a flower.
And here we go! I still need to do lots more, but this was a nice start!
Oh and you can find the flower tutorial here!.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...