Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Homemade Poptarts.

You could easily easily call me a poptart-aholic.
I LOVE them.
I can't buy them often, because when I do the box is empty by the end of the day.
So imagine my delight when I found a recipe for HOMEMADE poptarts!
Courtesy of bakememore...

(Cinnamon Sugar) Homemade Poptarts
Pillsbury pie crust
1/2 c light brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 tsp flour
milk/egg

Preheat oven to 425.
Unroll your pie crusts and square the edges.
Cut them into rectangles.
Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour.
Place 1-2 tsp cinnamon-sugar mixture onto a rectangle and top with another rectangle.
Crimp the edges.
Continue this until all pieces have been used.
Brush on an egg wash or simply some milk.
You could also top with some left over cinnamon-sugar.
Bake for about 7-8 minutes.









I didn't want to waste my cut offs from "squaring" the round pie crust so I made these...
They don't look amazing, but they taste the same!

These are so easy to make and taste 10x better than the original.
You could easily make them using a homemade pie crust recipe or with a fruit filling.
To make the fruit filling:
3/4 c whatever flavored jam you like
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp water

Mix cornstarch, water, and jam in small saucepan.
Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
Let cool and you are ready to make your fruit-filled loves!

You could even top with a powdered sugar and milk icing!

1 comment:

  1. I had NO idea you loved to cook so much, I am jealous....can that be taught? haha, I love this homemade pop tart recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...