Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Yummy Truffles

After seeing this recipe, I guarantee you will make these IMMEDIATELY!
They are delicious, but simple. 
(Are you sensing a trend in my recipes :) )

Truffles
1 (8 oz.) pkg of Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1 pkg of Oreos, divided
2 pkgs of Baker's baking chocolate
(recipe from allrecipes.com)

Chop 9 cookies into crumbs and set aside. Do the same for the remaining 36 cookies.

Next, take the crumbs of the 36 cookies and mix well with cream cheese. 
Put this mixture in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and you will be able to roll it into..
much easier.

Once rolled, start melting the chocolate.

 After all the chocolate is melted, start the dipping! I've found this is easier using a spoon instead of a toothpick. With a toothpick, the balls tend to fall apart!

After all have been dipped in the chocolate, top each little ball with crumbs from the remaining cookies. (I never do this. I just eat the cookies with peanut butter instead!)
I like to put mine directly in the fridge after dipping to allow them to harden faster, so I can devour faster!

It's not the best picture, but I promise they are SO good. 

You could even bag some up to give as gifts to your Valentine<3

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if I need to give you my address----these sound really good!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...