Wednesday, January 26, 2011

No Gym Today

Today was supposed to be the day.
The day that I jumped back into my workout routine.
As I was getting ready to go this afternoon, I looked out the window and saw this..


I know that I am going to have to get used to this, but as for now
cold weather=staying inside.

Instead, I jumped on the chance to get some use out of the new cooling rack I picked up at Target last week.

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c butter, softened
1 c white sugar
1 c brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp hot water
1/2 tsp salt
2 c semisweet chocolate chips
1 c chopped walnuts
 
Preheat oven to 350.
Cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water I didn't do this! Instead, I just added the baking soda with an extra tsp of vanilla and 1 extra tsp of water. Add salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts (I left out the nuts too!). Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned. 
 







Let me tell you, these really are the BEST chocolate chip cookies. 
I would have been happy just eating the entire bowl of dough.

This batch made 20 cookies and I had a bunch of dough left over that I froze!

 Doesn't this look better than the gym??

(recipe via allrecipes)
 
 
Here is a tip: using less white sugar and more brown, gives the cookies a richer flavor. I used 3/4 c white and 1 1/4 brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...