Thursday, January 13, 2011

No Bake Cookies

Yes, I said NO bake cookies. No oven time required! These are probably my favorite cookies to make considering they have my favorite ingredients (pb and choc!)...
(yes I know, that is the largest can of peanut butter ever)

And they take only about 5 minutes to prep (prep meaning taking ingredients out of the fridge and pantry, ha.) and cook! I know it's amazing huh? The rest of the time you can just lick the spoons and wait for the little jewels to harden! 

I am sure most people have a recipe similar to this one and probably have their own special name for these cookies, but this one is my family's favorite.


No Bake Oatmeal Candy Cookies
2 c. sugar
1/3 c. cocoa
1 stick of butter 
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. oats

Mix sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk.




Bring mixture to a boil.

 As soon as boiling starts, set a timer for 1 minute.

After 1 minute is up, remove from heat and throw in peanut butter, vanilla, and oats. Thoroughly mix all ingredients. Once mixed, drop spoonfuls onto wax paper (do this quickly before it hardens in the bowl!), let cool, and enjoy!




(Or if one isn't enough :)...)


On a side note--I also wanted to say that my mom told me yesterday that my aunt Frances is officially tumor free! the Lord is good isn't He?!! She has been so upbeat and positive, fully knowing that she would beat this cancer and I know that she will. Please keep her in your prayers.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...