Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Best Kind of PB&J

This recipe I can take absolutely no credit for. Not that I could take any for my previous recipes. Ha. 
This one is from my new Martha Stewart Living magazine.
So good.
And so perfect for this time of year.

What time of year, you ask??

Valentine's day of course!
You know I love this holiday.
It's not even February and I am already celebrating.

Here it is..(And I won't even bother changing it like I usually do, because A. it's easy and yummy like it is and B. M doesn't need correcting.)

Peanut Butter and Jam Heart Cookies
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick of butter, at room temperature
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. light brown sugar
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
1/3 c. jam/jelly

Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.

Add butter (notice I said butter, not butterS) and sugars.

Beat in peanut butter and egg...
until dough forms.

If your dough is sticky when you are at this point, stick in the fridge for about 5 minutes. 

When you are ready to work with the dough, preheat the oven to 350 and start rolling it into about 1.5 inch balls.
Flatten the dough balls.
And use your cookie cutter to make..
a heart!

Last one!
(I found the cookie cutter at Michael's for $0.74!)

After you finish cutting out your hearts, use your thumb and press a little heart in the middle of the heart you just cut out.

Stick in the fridge for about 20 minutes.

After the 20 minutes is up, stick in your preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes.

When that time is up, take cookies out of the oven, reshape the hearts with your thumb, and fill with your favorite jelly!
(I used grape. It's my favorite!)

Bake about 6 minutes more, or until your cookies are firm.
 (Mine made about 2 dozen and they really taste like PB&J! And yes I have Vday placemats. Don't be jealous.)
  
  Thank you Martha Stewart Living!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...